Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bird watching places in the greater Taipei area

Although the IBAs (Important Bird Areas) recognized by BirdLife International include most famous birding sites in Taiwan, many great birding sites in Taiwan are not listed in the IBA list. For this reason, I created a google map that shows most popular bird watching places in the greater Taipei area as below.


These sites are the most visited sites by the local birding fans. Most of the sites are not listed in BirdLife International's IBAs, but they host large amount of bird species, some of which don't even appear in BirdLife International's IBAs. Always ask the locals for great birding sites if you ever come to Taiwan for bird watching.

Taipei City is the capital of Taiwan. I created this map because currently I do most of my birding nearby. Once I extend my birding range to other places of Taiwan, I'll create more maps for anyone who want to do bird watching in Taiwan. Thanks for your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment